Friday 5 February 2010

What's it all about?

Hello world! This is my first blog post (hooray!). I'd like to introduce myself, tell you what I'm doing here, and just get started!

My name is Jessie and I have a shop on Folksy called Wool & Wire. In this shop, I sell pieces that I've knit or made with wire. I usually make all kinds of practical accessories but on the odd occasion I will add something a little more frivolous. I've been knitting and making wire jewellery for years but I'm finally starting to take my hobby a little more seriously. Originally from Vancouver Island, Canada, I'm now living with my other half in Brighton, England.

The crafting and artisan community in the UK is absolutely ginormous. I'd really like to get involved and learn about different arts, and I'd like to stay in touch with anyone who is interested. With modern technology, we can all stalk - I mean "follow" - each other at our own convenience. For me, a blog seemed like a good way to start! My aim is to make this an entertaining read about my life in England. There are tonnes of curious and funny things that happen to me on a daily basis as a foreigner in this country. I'll make fun of some things and ask for your help on others. Of course, I'll stick a craft or two in between.

For now, feel free to follow (or stalk, whatever term you prefer) me on Twitter by clicking on the link on the right-hand side of the page. You can e-mail me at woolandwire@googlemail.com if you want to get in touch. Also, feel free to leave comments on this blog - all feedback is much appreciated!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Well done you. That's a great opener. I look forward to reading your future posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, great start! I'm following you here and on Twitter!

    ReplyDelete