Saturday 13 February 2010

2010 Olympic Opening Ceremony

So I was so excited to come into work today and watch my cousin perform in the 2010 Olympic Opening Ceremony in stunning HD when I see the message from Hell: "Recording Failed. Unknown Reason". Unknown reason? What the hell does that mean? Of course there's a known reason. You stupid piece of crap box! Tell me the reason! Backtrack on your stupid flailing errors and tell me where it all went to shit! TELL ME! Hmph.

Well I did a little online research and tried to see if it would be on BBC iPlayer. Nope. "Not Available". So what do I do? Search "Not Available" in the iPlayer FAQ. Apparently, although the BBC has the license to broadcast it live, it doesn't necessarily have the license to offer it "on demand". Okay, okay. Next stop - YouTube! I hunt madly through uploaded video collages and stupid cartoons. Every time I come across a real Olympic video another message from hell graces me with its presence: "This video contains content from International Olympic Committee, who has blocked it on copyright grounds."

I don't respect the IOC at the best of times (banning women from Ski Jumping and totally averting Canadian law because it's an 'international' organisation), and while I respect there is such thing as copyright infringement, the video I was trying to access was a home video that happened to film some of the Olympic rehearsals. BIG DEAL.

/endrant

So if anyone has it recorded and wants to share with me, I would only be too grateful!

Anyway it's Saturday and my last day of work for the week until Monday! Woo hoo! I'm up for a few pints. Anyone wish to join?

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog, I'd like to nominate you for the Sunshine blog award. Details on my blog http://wellydog.blogspot.com

    Janice x

    ReplyDelete