Wednesday 16 June 2010

Updates on the scarf

I've been so tired lately. I've got hayfever like no one's business at night (not during the day?) so I'm constantly waking up with sneezes and sniffles. Not fun. I have tried pharmaceuticals which don't work for me. The only thing that has ever worked has been eating two teaspoons of local honey per day. The theory is that it desensitises your body from local pollens. Alternatively you can do a much more expensive version with the doctor, but they call it "immuno-therapy" or some drug company crap like that. Scam.

Anyway, I thought I'd post some pictures of the scarf that I've been too tired to finish:


The start of the leaf pattern, using the AG-20 Intarsia carriage. Very fiddley.





Getting the hang of it





More fiddley




Super fiddley, and a bit worried it's not going to look like a leaf on the other side.




Feeling like I just reached the summit of Mt. Everest with this leaf...




...Only to find the hole from hell. I hate going back and fixing things. I find it so unsatisfying!




Fixed the hole with the handy latch tool.




I'm not quite sure what this is. Well, I'm sure it's frustrating, but I can't figure out why it keeps happening. I wanted to cry at this point. The right-side arm was pushed to the back, which is what I thought the problem was. But when I put it back to the front, all went well for about 100 rows until it happened again so I'm really not sure about this one. If anyone knows, I'd be forever grateful if you could shed some light on it!




Fixed after a long, laborious procedure. Bleck.





Finally enough length to turn it over and have a look... and it looks like a leaf! TRES excited!




Getting some length now, thinking it's plain sailing - little did I know I'd have about 3 more of those blunders to sort out!!




Hope you enjoyed the little photo diary. I'll post one more picture of the finished scarf when it's done. I really enjoy the knitting machine when I'm not so frustrated that steam blows from my ears and veins pop out of my eye balls. Really, I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment